Mr. Luke went inside and brought out a big plate of cookies and a pot of tea.
“Mic, Reen, come and eat these tasty cookies while I call the police. I bought them in London for both of you,” said Mr. Luke.
Reen took a big bite and just as he was about to say something, the police chief arrived followed by six policemen.
“Hello, sir,” said Mr. Luke. “Did I do something wrong?”
“No,” said the police chief. “It’s someone else who did something wrong. We are here to make sure that your doors won’t be stolen.”
“Well, it’s too late, sir. My beautiful front door is already stolen! In fact I was about to go inside and call the police regarding this matter,” said Mr. Luke.
“When did you find out that your door is stolen and did you see anybody suspicious before it happened?” asked the police chief.
“Mic and Reen came here just now to have tea with me and that was when we found out that my front door is gone. By the way, I did not hear anything or see anybody suspicious, sir. Please, I really hope that you can help me to get my door back.”
Mic saw some footprints and took out his notebook to compare them with the ones that they saw at Miss Nyla’s house. And as he had expected, they were the same.
Then he saw something that looked like a piece of purple cloth sticking out from the bushes. He tried to pull it but it was stuck. Mic pulled harder and harder until suddenly it pulled him back towards the bushes. Then the bushes shook and Mic saw something green and purple crawling under the bushes.
“There is something green and purple crawling under the bushes!” shouted Mic.
Everybody was surprised and Reen who was enjoying his third cookie, was almost choked in surprised.
At that moment, a man jumped out from the bushes and pushed Mic to the ground before he ran away. The man jumped over the fence, and ran towards Miss Hong’s house.
“Go after him!” shouted a police chief to his men.
Mic picked himself up and ran to take a piece of cookie before he ran to Miss Hong’s house.
Suddenly, Pete who came running from the opposite side ran into the suspect. They collided and both of them fell to the ground with the tall man on top of Pete.
“Pete! Are you all right?” shouted Mic as the policemen ran to catch the suspect.
The suspect got up, pushed a policeman to the ground and tried to run away. Four other policemen surrounded the suspect and caught him. The suspect was a tall and a very strong man, but the four policemen were too strong for him. The suspect was handcuffed and taken to the police car.
Mic helped Pete up and they both ran to Miss Hong’s house followed Reen who first took a few pieces of cookies before running after Mic and Pete. On the way there, they met Safora.
>>> To Be Continued <<<
- The Mystery Of The Missing Door (Chapter 10: Door And More Doors) (ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 7: The Message) (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery Of The Missing Door (Chapter 9: Kidnapped) (ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 2: A Mystery Begins!) – A Story By Ahmad Ali Karim (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 4: Suspects) (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 3: A Man With A Door) (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery of the Missing Door (Chapter 6: The Circus) (ahmadalikarim.wordpress.com)
- The Mystery Of The Missing Door (Chapter 8: The Meeting) (ahmadalijetplane.wordpress.com)