Five days after Malaysian Airlines flight MH17 was allegedly shot out of the sky, Malaysian government had succeeded to establish contact with those in charge of the MH17 crash site.
On July 22, 2014, Malaysian Prime Minister spoke to Alexander Borodai who is in command of the region where the tragedy occurred and established an agreement for Malaysia to recover the remains of the victims and the MH17 black boxes.
Malaysian officials received the two MH17 black boxes from the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic (DPR) in Ukraine.
The black boxes, which record cockpit activity and flight data, were handed to Malaysian officials by the prime minister of the self-proclaimed Donetsk People’s Republic, Alexander Borodai, in front of journalists at the DPR government headquarters in Donetsk.
AFP reported Alexander Borodai as saying, “We will order a ceasefire in an area of 10 kilometres around” the site of the disaster, which killed all 298 people on board the plane.
The DPR leader Alexander Borodai thanked Malaysia and the Netherlands for sending teams here on Monday to resolve the MH17 matter:
“(Our) thanks to Malaysia and Netherlands for coming here without protection or help from Kiev (the Ukrainian government),” he said, according to a rough translation by a local – The Star.
The DPR and Malaysian officials later signed various documents at the handover ceremony .
The Star reported that DPR produced a white sack containing the black boxes which were then inspected and accepted by the Malaysian officials.
Malaysian National Security Council’s Kol Mohd Shukri then thanked Alexander Borodai for handing the boxes back to Malaysia, saying:
“I would like to convey our sincere appreciation to Borodai for giving us the opportunity and entertaining our special request to hand over the two black boxes to Malaysia.” – The Star.
DPR had released the remains of the victims which had been taken by train to the city of Kharkiv accompanied by six Malaysian members of the recovery team.
The train is expected to arrive in Kharkiv on Tuesday where the remains will be handed over to representatives from the Netherlands and later to be flown to Amsterdam on board a Dutch C130 Hercules, together with the Malaysian team.
Following any necessary forensic work, the remains of Malaysian citizens will then be flown home to Malaysia.
Please click the photos for larger images:
Today Malaysian Prime Minister, Datuk Seri Najib Tun Abdul Razak announced that Malaysian security forces have launched operation to apprehend the armed intruders at Kampung Tanduo, Lahad Datu, Sabah starting at 7 a.m. this morning – please click here for updates on OPS Daulat in Kampung Tanduo in Lahat Datu, Sabah.
Now many PAS leaders seems not to be very happy with and some are even angry at YB Nasharudin Mat Isa.
They sort of telling him to change and follow whatever PAS leaders said or leave PAS and quit his post as the Bachok’s MP.
The calls happened after YB Nasharudin made a statement on the issue of DAP’s chairman Karpal Singh’s objection on hudud law and later after a photo of YB Nasharudin together with the Malaysian Prime minister attending a meeting with Saudi Arabian ulama’ in Mecca.
No, YB Nasharudin said that he is not quitting PAS for UMNO…
He said, “For the umpteenth time, I have never had any intention to join UMNO. I just consider them (the leaders in UMNO) as my Muslim brothers.”
But can all of the PAS’s leaders accept the leaders in UMNO as their Muslim brothers?
YB Nasharudin also again questioned PAS about PAS’s political alliance with those who were “against Islam” and wants PAS to make a strong stand on hudud.
Now, can PAS still accept YB Nasharudin?