MAS 3rd Media Statement on MH370 Flight Incident – March 8, 10:30 AM MYT +0800

8 03 2014

(Please click here for the MAS’s latest statement)

Malaysia Airlines MH370 made the last radar contact at 120 nautical miles from Kota Bharu.

Below is the official statement from Malaysia Airlines regarding flight MH370. 

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are deeply saddened this morning with the news on MH370.

Malaysia Airlines confirms that flight MH370 had lost contact with Subang Air Traffic Control at 2.40am, today. There has been speculation that the aircraft has landed at Nanming. We are working to verify the authenticity of the report and others.

Flight MH370 was operated on a Boeing 777-200 aircraft. It departed Kuala Lumpur at 12.41 am earlier this morning bound for Beijing. The aircraft was scheduled to land at Beijing International Airport at 6.30am local Beijing time. 

The flight was carrying a total number of 239 passengers and crew – comprising 227 passengers (including 2 infants), 12 crew members. The passengers were of 14 different nationalities – citizens from:-

 

1.    China – 152 plus 1 infant

2.    Malaysia – 38

3.    Indonesia – 12

4.    Australia – 7

5.    France – 3

6.    United States of America – 3 pax plus 1 infant

7.    New Zealand – 2

8.    Ukraine – 2

9.    Canada – 2

10.  Russia – 1

11.  Italy – 1

12.  Taiwan – 1

13.  Netherlands – 1

14.  Austria – 1

This flight was a code share with China Southern Airlines.

We are working with authorities who have activated their Search and Rescue team to locate the aircraft.

Our team is currently calling the next-of-kin of passengers and crew.

The flight was piloted by Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah, a Malaysian aged 53. He has a total flying hours of 18,365hours. He joined Malaysia Airlines in 1981. First officer, Fariq Ab.Hamid, a Malaysian, is aged 27. He has a total flying hours of 2,763 hours. He joined Malaysia Airlines in 2007.

Our focus now is to work with the emergency responders and authorities and mobilize its full support. Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected passengers and crew and their family members.

The airline will provide regular updates on the situation. The public may contact +603 7884 1234. For media queries, kindly contact +603 8777 5698/ +603 8787 1276.

Next-of-kin may head to the Support Facility Building at KLIA’s South Support Zone. For directions, call 03 8787 1269. 

Advertisements




Lao Airlines Flight QV301 Crashed, 49 Killed

17 10 2013

Lao Airlines Airplane (Photo: Sydney Morning Herald)

Lao Airlines plane crashed into the Mekong River in the southern city of Pakse, near the border with Thailand, just before 16:00 (ICT) on Wednesday.

Lao Airlines Flight QV301 crashed in the Mekong River, killing all 49 passengers and crews.

The state-run Lao Airlines said in a statement that the plane took off from the capital Vientiane and “ran into extreme bad weather conditions” as it prepared to land at Pakse Airport.

AP reported that 17 of the victims were from Lao, seven from France, five were from Australia five from Thailand, three from Korea, two from Vietnam and one person each from Canada, China, Malaysia, Taiwan and the United States.

The airline said it had yet to determine reasons for the crash of the ATR-72 aircraft which was virtually new and had just been delivered in March. 

Please click here photos for more images





Typhoon Fitow Killed 5 In China – Photos

9 10 2013

Typhoon Fitow strikes the east coast of China early Monday killing at least five people.

A lots of people were injured by the disaster.

Filow is a name of a flower from Micronesia.

Many houses along the Zhejiang coastal areas have collapsed and the heavy rain cause flooding in the province. 

Typhoon Fitow hit China just two weeks after Typhoon Usagi wreaked havoc in the region, leaving at least 25 reported dead in southern China.

Please click the photos for larger images:





Photos: Typhoon Usagi Hit Southern China, 25 Killed

23 09 2013

Typhoon Usagi  slammed into southern China on Sunday evening. 

Nanfang Daily reported that the typhoon made a landfall at 7:40 p.m. yesterday in Shanwei city, in Guangdong province after veered away from Hong Kong at the last minute.

Australia Network News reported that at least twenty-five people were killed on the China’s southern coast, including thirteen in Shanwei which is in the eastern fringes of Guangdong province. 

The typhoon brings very strong wind, storm surge and heavy rains that could cause flooding and landslides.

Xinhua reported that in Shanwei city, the strong winds blew cars off the road near a gas station and houses were toppled.

Flights to and from Hong Kong and three mainland airports were canceled.

Ferry services around the area were also canceled, while Fujian province suspended shipping between mainland China and Taiwan.

Xinhua reported that intercity trains including the high-speed rail to Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong would remain suspended until Tuesday.

Thousands of people were evacuated from coastal areas and temporary shelters were opened.

Hong Kong delayed the opening of markets, banks and schools.

Hong Kong Exchanges and Clearing Ltd. said it scrapped morning trading today.

Please click the photos for larger images:





Beautiful Sights On This Incredible Planet From CNN

2 09 2013
A rainbow created by the moon -- definitely worth a look.

A rainbow created by the moon — definitely worth a look.

Our planet Earth is very beautiful.

There are so many beautiful places for us to visit and enjoy their beauty.

But these places will be gone if we do not take care of our planet and if there are wars around the world.

Let us take good care of our planet and please stop the wars.

Please click here for more images:





World’s Largest Building Opens In China

2 07 2013
To put this in perspective, Chengdu's New Century Global Center is big enough to house 20 Sydney Opera Houses.

To put this in perspective, Chengdu’s New Century Global Center is big enough to house 20 Sydney Opera Houses.

New Century Global Center, which opened on June 28, 2013 is the ‘largest free standing building in the world’.

Located in Chengdu, the capital of Sichuan province in southwestern China, the New Century Global Center is 500 meters long, 400 meters wide and 100 meters high.

But remember, New Century Global Center is the largest building and not the tallest as the tallest building in the world is the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.

The New Century Global Center is located in an entirely new planned area of Chengdu called Tainfu New District.

There are offices, hotels, theaters, shopping malls, a faux Mediterranean village and family-themed attractions such as a water park called Paradise Island in the huge building.

The 1.7 million square meter mega structure is capable of housing twenty Sydney Opera Houses and almost three times the size of the Pentagon in Washington, D.C.

Here are the photos …

(Please click the photos for bigger images)

 

 





SUARAM’s Candlelight Vigil – Who Actually Supports RACISM?

16 05 2013
The above photo was from Generasi Pejuang Bangsa.

SUARAM’s candlelight vigil at Esplanade, Penang. (The photo is from Generasi Pejuang Bangsa/ GPB).

Suara Rakyat Malaysia’s, (SUARAM) Candlelight Vigil was held at the Esplanade in Penang on May 13, 2013.

(sejarahmelayu.blogspot.com/2013/05/hot-melayu-pr-ppinang-engkar-fatwa.html)

I would like to say three things about the above picture:

  1. There is a man wearing Muslim attire in the photo  Didn’t he knows that Muslims should not join Candlelight Vigil?

  2. The candles on the ground forms the sentence, “TOLAK RASISM!!!” Who are they referring to?

  3. The second banner from left says; “APA WE MAO? Bersih Lah” Why did they use the word ‘MAO’ when they should know that the right word in Bahasa Melayu is ‘mahu’; so they actually humiliates the Malays, especially when the word ‘Mao’ is synonym to Mao Zedong, a communist leader from China.

GPB wrote that:

“Turut hadir beberapa anggota Dewan Undangan Negeri (ADUN), termasuk (Sungai Puyu) dan Dr Afif Bahardin (Seberang Jaya).”

I am sad to see Muslims who do not understand that Muslims cannot take part in any Candlelight Vigil activity and PAS who supports SUARAM does not care to warn the PR’s Muslims about this.

(e-fatwa.gov.my/fatwa-kebangsaan/hukum-penglibatan-orang-islam-dalam-aktiviti-candlelight-vigil)

And in referring to them using the word ‘MAO’ instead of ‘mahu’, I want to ask SUARAM, now who are the ones who are actually racist?

It is easy to say bad things about others but it is hard to admit our own mistakes and for SUARAM, they are always perfect and like all the PR leaders, members and supporters – BN is never right and they would try to blame BN for whatever mistake that they ever made. 

 Muzakarah Jawatankuasa Fatwa Majlis Kebangsaan Bagi Hal Ehwal Ugama Islam Malaysia Kali Ke-88 yang bersidang pada 2 Oktober 2009 telah membincangkan Hukum Penglibatan Orang Islam Dalam Aktiviti Candlelight Vigil. Muzakarah telah memutuskan bahawa:

  1. Islam melarang umatnya daripada terlibat dalam apa jua amalan yang bersifat ritual atau upacara agama bukan Islam.

  2. Umat Islam dilarang menyertai aktiviti Candlelight Vigil kerana ia mengandungi unsur-unsur tasyabbuh dengan agama bukan Islam yang akan menjejaskan akidah umat Islam.








%d bloggers like this: