Below is the list of injured victims as reported by NST:
List of injured victims at Selayang Hospital :-
1. Raawnok Arefin, 14, M, Bangladesh
2. Nur Syamimi Ja’afar, 25, F, Malaysia
3. Nur Fathiah Ja’afar, 21, F, Malaysia
4. Rashidah Buyah, 50, F, Bangladesh
5. Andri Purwaidi, 25, F, Indonesia
6. Nurul Quraitul Aini, 19, F, Malaysia
7. Rezyan Arefin, 24, M, Bangladesh
8. Nur Fridil Gusman, 23, M, Indonesia.
Numbers 1 and 7; 2 and 3 are siblings.
List of 5 injured survivors at HKL:
1. Wong Teraphong, 63, male, Thai
2. Saidah, 19, female, Malaysian
3. Razif, 26, male, Malaysia
4. S.E Ali Haider son of Shyed Haider, 46, male, Bangladeshi
5. Tan Min Shing, 26, male, Malaysian
A Malaysian student was killed and fpur others were injured in a road accident in Jordan on Friday, June 21, 2013.
The accident happened when a four-wheel-drive (4WD) vehicle they were travelling in skidded and plunged into a ravine along the road between Petra and Aqabah, about 320 kilometres from Amman.
The accident occurred between 5 to 6p.m. (Jordan Time) or about 11pm-12pm (Malaysian Time).
The victim who was killed in the accident was Sumaiyah Romli, a first year Public Service Department (PSD) sponsored student in Physical Astronomy at University College London (UCL).
Muhammad Nazirul Mubin Nasruddin, Mohamad Shukri Alias, Nur Ili Dayana Mazlan @ Masgelan and Humairak Ibrahim are the four students who were injured during the accident.
Muhammad Nazirul and Humairak are third year students in Islamic Economy and Banking at University of Yarmouk, while Muhamad Shukri is a third year student at the same university.
Nur Ili Dayana who is a Bank Negara Malaysia sponsored student, is in her fourth year at UCL.
The Malaysian Education Office in Jordan and the PSD are in the process of arranging the return of Sumaiyah’s body.
I am sad and sorry to the victim’s family and friends.
Al-Fatihah to Allahyarhamah Sumaiyah Romli.