Skip to content
On 9th April, 2011, I met Uncle Nizal Mohammad at the book launch of “Minda Tertawan’,
Uncle Nizal used to work for TV3.
But now he works for TV AlHijrah.
The programs that TV AlHijrah airs promotes good values.
I told him that TV AlHijrah should buy the rights to air ‘Small Potatoes’ and ‘The Olive Branch’ because both television series promote good values, fun and the animations are very beautiful.
They have nice and beautiful songs too.
TV Al Hijrah used to air another animated series from the Little Airplane Productions that I really love watching named ‘3rd & Bird’.
Uncle Nizal is a very nice man.
I love to talk with him and I wish to meet him again 🙂
It was real fun and the animation is so beautiful.
The story is about Samuel, Rudy and Muffin playing, singing, dancing and exploring all around the 3rd & Bird.
The stories teach us good values.
The characters help each other and they work together.
I read on the internet that 3rd & Bird is originally from Cbeebies.
But the first time I watched it, I thought it was from Nick Jr.
And 3rd & Bird reminds me of the Wonder Pets.
I think it is because the creator of 3rd & Bird is Josh Selig and the creative director is Jennifer Oxley.
They are also the creator and the creative director of Wonder Pets.
The first 3rd & Bird episode that I watched was ‘Go Camping and Starry Night’.
In Malaysia 3rd & Bird is aired daily on TV AlHijrah at 3:30 pm.
The cast are:
- Muffin – Eden Jarrett – a pre-school lovebird.
- Samuel – Sam Lewis – Muffin’s elder brother.
- Rudy – Morgan Gayle – Called a cockatoo in the program, but looks like a Cockatiel, Samuel’s best friend. She wears a bracelet of colored stones on her ankle.
- Quinn – Preston Nyman – a puffin, works as an inventor; appears to be a teenager.
- Mr Beakman – Michael Fenton Stevens – the children’s teacher, a wise toucan who frequently acts as the voice of parental authority.
- Missy – Charlotte Leslie-Cameron – a French Great Blue Turaco.
- Mrs Billingsley – Anna Nygh – a gardening kiwi with a New Zealand accent.