Skip to content
Around 5 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Greenwich Mean Time on Tuesday, people across two continents tried their best to witness and take photos of the first total Lunar Eclipse in 2014.
This is the first total Lunar Eclipse since December 10, 2011 and the first in the north hemisphere since December 21, 2010.
Cameramen took their chances to take beautiful photos of the ‘blood moon’.
Here are some photos from around the world…
- The moon is shown in eclipse from Los Angeles, California, late April 14, 2014. (REUTERS/Gene Blevins)
- The moon is shown in eclipse in Brasilia April 15, 2014. (REUTERS/Ueslei Marcelino)
- A shadow falls on the moon as it undergoes a total lunar eclipse as seen from Mexico City April 15, 2014. (REUTERS/Edgard Garrido)
- Nate Paradiso created this composite image of the lunar eclipse on Tuesday, April 15, as seen from the foothills of Boulder, Colorado.
- The ‘Blood Moon’ rises over the water in Wlliamstown on April 15, 2014 in Melbourne, Australia. (Photo by Scott Barbour/Getty Images)