Photos And Video: 2nd Day OPS Daulat Update, March 6

6 03 2013

Today is the second day of OPS Daulat; please click here for In Photos: OPS Daulat Lahad Datu – March 5, 2013.

NST reported that at 8 p.m., the IGP Tan Sri Ismail Omar said shooting incidents between the security forces and terrorist groups were reported in three locations in the village of Tanjung Batu, Lahad Datu this afternoon as the security forces continued their sweeping and mopping operations.

The IGP warned that the Sulu gunmen who escaped the army bombardment on Tuesday are now masquerading as local residents to get away from the police.

At 4.35 p.m., Defence minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi showed photographs of bodies of 7 terrorists killed in yesterday’s OPS Daulat in Kampung Tanduo in Lahad Datu.

Very early this morning, a Sulu intruder was killed during after he opened fire at security forces forcing the ground team to retaliate. 

And in the early afternoon, four suspected terrorists were arrested by the security forces at Kampung Airport near Kem Sri Wangsa, Semporna. 

NST also reported that two men were detained by the security forces as they walked out of a plantation near the entrance to Kampung Tanjung Labian.

Some reporters saw the Navy stopped a small boat that came close to shore not far from the Felda Residence in Lahad Datu.

There were several sightings reported of terrorists trying to escape the plantations in Lahad Datu.

Please click here for the photos and videos.





Prominent Historian: Sabah Is Not The Sultanate’s

6 03 2013

Prof Emeritus Tan Sri Khoo Kay Kim is a Malaysian prominent historian and academician who is an expert in Malaysia studies.

(The Star) PETALING JAYA: The Sulu Sultanate cannot turn back the pages of history to reclaim Sabah, said prominent historian Prof Emeritus Tan Sri Khoo Kay Kim.

If such a precedent was to be set, then Singapore should be returned to Johor and Penang to Kedah, he said.

 “Their (Sulu Sultanate’s) claims are difficult to come to terms with as what has been accepted for such a long time cannot be changed,” he added.

“Even if the matter is taken to the International Court, Malaysia would have a better chance of winning as Sabah had been part of the country for a long time.”

Prof Khoo said that although the state was originally part of Sulu, the British North Borneo Company had taken control of North Borneo, now known as Sabah, in 1882.

He said transmigration of Filipinos into Sabah had been ongoing as they felt they belonged to this part of the region although the Malaysian authorities regarded them as illegal immigrants.

“I am surprised why they resorted to arms this time around,” he said.

Institute of Indonesia, Thailand and Singapore Studies director Prof Kamarulnizam Abdullah said the Sulu Sultanate should honour previous agreements in which they ceded the territory to the colonial powers.

“We have inherited agreements made in the past,” he said, adding that social media users and the Opposition in both Malaysia and the Philippines appeared to be provoking the situation in Sabah.

“They appear to be politicising the situation to discredit the governments of the two countries,” he said, adding that the people should reject those who put politics before national sovereignty and security.

Related Posts: 

  1. In Photos: OPS Daulat Lahad Datu – March 5, 2013

  2. Lahad Datu: Update On Kg. Tanduo Operation

  3. LAHAD DATU: Najib Announces Attack On Intruders

  4. Security Forces Launched Operation To Apprehend The Armed Intruders At Kg. Tanduo – PM

  5. List And Photos Of Policemen Killed In Semporna Shooting

  6. List And Photos Of Policemen Killed And Injured In Lahad Datu

  7. In Photos: Our Lahad Datu Fallen Heroes

  8. Photos of Lahad Datu Shooting

  9. Lahad Datu Shooting: 2 Malaysian Police Killed, 3 Injured








%d bloggers like this: